I hate those days when you only have a few minutes to whip up dinner and you have no idea what you’re going to make, don’t you? This recipe was born from one of those days when I was short on time, but still wanted to be frugal and use up what I had in my pantry.
Quick and Easy Cheesy Sausage and Broccoli Pasta
- 1 pack of sausage like kielbasa (any kind/flavor you have in your freezer/refrigerator)–I used turkey sausage
- 2 cups dried pasta (any type you have in the pantry. I had rigatoni, so that’s what I used to be frugal.)
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese or canned cheese sauce
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shredded cheddar to top (optional)
Other Frugal Recipes: Crockpot Chicken and Spanish Rice
1. Heat water to a boil for pasta.
2. While water is boiling, cut sausages into 1/2-inch rounds. Cook sausage in a pan until just brown on both sides.
3. Cook pasta for 5-8 minutes, al dente style.
4. Drain pasta and leave in pot. In the same pot as the pasta, add browned sausage, frozen broccoli, cheese and milk. Heat over low to medium until broccoli is cooked and cheese is completely melted, about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally while cooking. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve topped with shredded cheddar or parmesan cheese.